Monday, May 21, 2007

On the to-do list

Three months into our new life in the states, and things are good. Like any non-native speaker, we need to continue practicing our Spanish. Even so, it's time to start looking at all those other things on the to-do list.

As I've continued growing up, I've begun to note things that seem to be a mark of, well, let's not say maturity, but at least being a grown-up.

In addition to the Spanish and parallel parking, there's also the tile-laying and other handy things I've learned on the Great Basement Upgrade of 'Aught 7, but there are certain skills that separate a guy from a man.

Things to learn:
  • How to play pool -- for real this time (thanks to Rich and Marc for trying that one night at Pat's Time for One More)
  • How to mix drinks like a bartender
  • How to play poker and spades -- without freaking out every time we play K's mom
  • How baseball works
  • How football works
  • How soccer works
  • How to change a tire -- theoretically I do know this, but I've only ever watched my dad do it
  • How to carry a conversation that doesn't devolve into politics or references to The Simpsons
  • How to get out of situations I don't want to be in

That's probably not all I need to learn, but it's a start. Anyone have other suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a STUD Tecki!

PS- no politics?! what they heck are we supposed to rant..er.. talk about?

MVS