Friday, January 20, 2006

Brother, can you spare a dime?


My sources tell me that the big plywood wall next to the Senator theater in Belvedere Square is concealing the possible future home of the American Dime Museum.

Not exactly what I was expecting, but an interesting twist to the mystery of the plywood wall.

I would have prefered a late-night bakery/cafe for post-movie noshing, but a museum chock-full of weird-ass gewgaws and thingamabobs works for me.

In other news: That other mystery project in B-Square turns out to be a new Tex-Mex restaurant owned by the folks who brought us the yummy deliciousness of Cafe Zen.

What kinda bizzaro world is this where a Taiwanese man opens a Tex-Mex joint? Don't worry, he lived in Texas for 12 years before heading to Charm City.

Of course, you know it will take like 3 months to get a table -- it won't open until April.

Just try finding a parking space then.

No comments: