Thursday, March 30, 2006

No Sleep Til' San Diego

I just got a used copy of Licensed to Ill. I am fully aware that this is hardly one of their best albums, all the way back in their goofy-ass, drunken frat boy days.

Let me explain.

Way back when I was but a young and confused teenage Tecki, someone stole my friend's car. This bright young runaway hotwired the car, drove back to his house to pick up some stuff, and headed out for California. Although he had the money, he declined to pay for his gas after stopping at a station -- and some cops were nearby.

A chase ensued.

A tree got in the way.

When we went to the impound lot the next day to see the damage, we found clothes, half-opened boxes of lunchables and a bunch of tapes sprawled all over the interior. We left the lunchables, but felt justified in taking the kid's other stuff. Not a fair trade, but that's life.

Those days are gone, but the tape remains. Only, I don't listen to tapes anymore.

No comments: