Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Tecki on the Spot in the ATX

Just got done washing our clothes in the bathroom sink. The cold water in the washer here doesn't work, and most of our clothes can't be washed in the hot water. K washed in the sink and I rinsed in the tub, jeans rolled up all Huck Finn like. At least the dryer worked.

Sadly, the guayabera was not to be. The prices in the thrift store were hardly thrift store prices, and the only shirt they had that looked good for a decent price had a black spot on the back. Maybe I would have bought it, but this was a church thrift shop, and they probably oppose choice or hate gays, so I decided it wasn't worth it.

Been jamming to some alt-country on the radio courtesy of 107.1, WGSR. Probably the coolest commercial station I've heard since WRNR in Annapolis. Better than TMD? Yeah kids, sorry. But I still believe in you. Really. Maybe one day I'll even make a donation.

We tried to hit some live music last night, but after parking a few blocks away and almost getting hit running across the highway, the place was packed, I mean solid, and we left the line of orange-clad fans standing outside and returned to our nice little lake house.

Ate at Chuy's Tex Mex. Plenty of Elvis pictures, but none of Jenna Bush from the night she was arrested for trying to use a fake ID or whatever happened that fateful night. Not exactly the place you'd expect a presidential daughter to hang out, but then, he's not much of a president.

The Drag near UT along Guadalupe made me wish once again that UNCC wasn't built all the way out in the sticks. I've pretty much aged out of a lot of what they have there, but much better than the few strip malls and chains we had back at Charlotte.

On a side note, I know Chapel Hill is the big school in the NC, but it would be nice to see even half as many people wearing green in Charlotte as I see wearing orange here. Now, UT is much, much bigger and older than UNCC, but c'mon folks. We aren't so bad? Let's show some spirit! I have some T-shirts you can buy ...

Anywho, waiting for the Tecki-in-laws to arrive. Have to pick them up at the airport. Flying Delta, so it's anyone's guess if their flight will be on time.

No comments: