Monday, July 24, 2006

Best Birthday Ever

So, I'm a big sucker.

"Let's see Clerks II on Saturday! I have to work that morning, but D&S can give you a ride."

Imagine my surprise when we got to The Senator and went upstairs, ostensibly to see an exhibit on Natty Boh, and had my picture taken like a celebrity by Dr. Huxtable.

Friends of all kinds, from baltimore and parts yonder (those delayed by an overturned dumptruck on I-95) to greet me and wish me well into my 28th year. With lots of pizza and falafel and an excellent selection of drinks.

We watched the aforementioned movie from the air conditioned comfort and splendor of our own private skybox, an experience not marred in the least by the fact that the auditorium below was practically empty. I felt like the president of BoA, or at least some small company. I enjoyed the rush of exclusivity when going in and out of the PRIVATE door from the lobby, while the common folk milled about.

The Natty Boh documentary later was the perfect ending. They were giving out free Boh in the lobby, so I was able to finally sample "The Drinking Man's Water" without paying for it. It would have been a shame to live here for 2 years and not at least try it. I didn't finish it. But at least I tasted it.

Many thanks to K for putting all of this together. I had no idea what was happening. This was a perfect weekend!

And thanks to Dr. Huxtable and Lawyergirl for all their help in making it possible, and to D&S for being such good liars.

No comments: