Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks

Dr. H and LG got us tickets to last nights Orioles game against the Mariners, compliments of The Firm. Stuck in Gotham City dealing with some legal emergency or something, LG couldn't make it. But the Intrepid Teacher's Assistant stepped in to take her place.

It's been just over 2 years since we planted our flag in Baltimore, and this was one of those Essential Baltimore Experiences we knew we had to have before unplanting it (like drinking Natty Boh - check!). I hadn't been to Camden Yards since taking a tour as but a wee Tecki on a family trip to Baltimore. Even though I had little interest in sports in general, or baseball specifically, I had always thought it would be nice to watch a game there.

The Firm has some sweet seats, right above the Visitors' dugout, so we felt like pretty important people. The heat fell upon us like a hot, wet blanket with a heat index of 105. But K had the foresight to bring a cooler full of water, so we were well-prepared. The sunset brought little relief, and the hot night reminded us of Vegas in July. If I had even wanted to pay $6 for a bottle of American beer, the heat would have dissuaded me of that desire.

But the game was great and, I think, I managed some good pictures using the Sport feature on the camera. Zoom not so good, but hey.

And by great, I mean the Os actually won. Whether it was well-played, I have no idea. But, either way, turns out we must be a good luck charm. Too bad we're only just now realizing this. Maybe this means Leon's soccer team will be champions in Mexico this year.

One highlight of the night was when Dr. H harassed a Mariners fan who plopped down in the seat in front of him without paying for it. A truly Baltimore experience.

No comments: