Tuesday, August 21, 2007

In the Loop

Took another trip down to the Loop today, this time for a job interview at a staffing agency. Nice people, we'll see what happens. It's always a bit disappointing leaving a staffing agency, since you never know if they really will "get back to you."

Walking around downtown Chicago in a business suit with a courier bag slung over my shoulder, I certainly looked important and employed, at least to the homeless people asking me for money. Seeing the look of mistrust on the T-shirted and beared young men off to do hip things, I realized that I was the man. Sorry, The Man. I don't really mind as much as I thought I would.

All those big tall buildings and Dunkin' Donuts stores beckon. I wonder which ones I'll end up in (both office and donut shop, equally important). This job hunt doesn't seem as disheartening or desperate as those in the past. Having experience this time, and a much bigger job market, helps.

Another interview tomorrow, this one for a job that actually exists right now. Hopefully I won't screw up, since it sounds like a good one. I won't say more just so I won't jinx it.

I can say this. I can't wait for the CTA to finish rebuilding all these stations to fit longer trains, because I have seen too many people, I've been one, get left behind by a full train after waiting too long in the first place.

City Life.

No comments: