Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sun to rise in morning

I have only been living in Chicago for little more that 2 weeks, but I already know that this headline isn't necessary:

Construction to affect service along CTA lines

We've heard quite a bit about how the Boston T is much better, and we've experienced even better train systems, say in Barcelona or Mexico City.

I wasn't really sure what to think of the L. The above-ground rail lines don't do much for the property values, I'm sure. And they don't really provide enough shelter from the weather, considering that the summers, so far, are incredibly hot and rainy and that the winters are brutal.

But, I still kinda like it. Watching the trains rattle down the line over Paulina, and the people and cars on the streets underneath -- like those little matchbox city sets with every type of vehicle.

Only a wee bit dirtier.

No comments: