Friday, November 11, 2005

Tunes

I've peeked out beyond the the safety of my cd collection lately and tuned into some radio broadcasts from around the country.

Who let Fiona Apple out of her cell at Charter Pines? When she says she just had to break the window, I believe her. Still, the songs they're playing right now on WTMD actually sound pretty good, in a girl-interrupted kind of way. Time for tofurkey.

Speaking of blasts from the past, Joan Osborne's (sp?) one song playing the airwaves right now really hits the groove. It has a great roots-rock feel. I'm actually surprised. I really thought she was one of our generation's one-hit wonders.

Matisyahu. I know. Just another hasidic raggae-rapper. Not sure if I can wrap my head around this, but it beats all those Jesus-freak rockers clogging a huge chunk of the commercial airwaves right now. This guy actually has talent. Turns out that God is the greatest producer of all. Who knew?

No comments: