Monday, February 20, 2006

Shave and a haircut ...

The first thing I noticed when I walked in the door at Beatnik Barbershop was the bottle of Jim Beam sitting by the complimentary coffee. And instead of three-month-old copies of People, Marie Claire and Good Housekeeping, the waiting table had the day's New York Times.

This is the barbershop I've waited my whole life for.

I told Bill what I needed. Time to face the loss of hair, but no comb-overs, no products, no mercy. He talked me through what he thought would work, I agreed, and the cutting commenced.

The result: This is probably the happiest I've been with a haircut in years.

I still have much love for Kelly's Barbershop in Westville, but this is the first time I've found something in Baltimore that I liked more than its equivalent in Asheville.

http://www.beatnikbarbershop.com/

No comments: