Monday, October 29, 2007

Just a few more to catch up

The Red Sox Win! The Red Sox Win!

Coming off of a rather frustrating weekend of paint-related customer service nightmares, this win really helped to lift my mood. The inevitablity of the win was, although strange, not such a bad fit.

Sure, a Game 6 or 7 nailbiter would have been more exciting, but this team has the best record in baseball, has worked hard over more than 160 games and, quite frankly, has a lot of catching up to do.

I just hope the Sox don't repeat the pattern of the last century: Winning 5 out of the first 15 World Series in the 20th century, them going 86 years without. But, even so, that means there are at least 3 more left this century.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about you Tecki, but things haven't been the same since the 2004 ALCS - a.k.a., the REAL world series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_ALCS

I mean, THAT was epic. Probably the last time you'll see riot police ON THE FIELD for a while.


As for this year, yeah. The Indians put up a good match - and it was a decent series. The Rockies were a joke and everyone knew they would be.

And the Boston thing is getting out of hand. I mean, I'm glad they won and all, but I look around and I don't recognize a lot of the fans these days. I look at a lot of these fools in their crisp black and white and whatever color scheme hats and shake my head. I suffered through years of Mo Vaughn people! Wade Boggs!! AAAAAAGGGGGHHH!

The bandwagon is filling up with douchebags rapidly and I don't like it.

But hey, I need to think positively. The Yankees are doomed to wander in the wilderness for years and that sits with me just fine.

Anonymous said...

Um, PS - that was me.

MVS