Monday, October 24, 2005

Breaking News!

Now, I may be wrong here, but I don't recall in my quarter of a century of living in NC before moving to the Free State ever reading an article about an 8-year-old killing a bear on the first day of hunting season.

Or any other animal, for that reason.

Maybe the Black Mountain News has reported on a similar incident, but never the state's major newspaper (I'll let the Observer and News-Observer people handle the debate on relative circulation sizes.), let alone the local TV news channel. And a quick search suggests more.

So I hope that the next time a Marylander gets the idea to make fun of southerners, and especially North Carolinians, for being rednecks or somesuch, they remember the articles in The Sun and other fine news establishments across Mary Land today.

The pot, the kettle ... you get the idea.

No comments: