Friday, October 21, 2005

Where America Used to Shop

Why did I go to the Mall, anyway?

It wasn't really raining, just a little drizzly. I had my trusty Nature Conservancy umbrella. But no, I just couldn't hack it in the dreary cold around Lake Winimiwhateverthehell. Not today.

So, is today a school holiday in Mary Land? Did the power go out in the HoCo schools?

Man, damn teenagers. They're everywhere. Wandering around in little clusters, eating fast food. Whippersnappers.

I ducked into the least-cool store I could find, figuring I could at least get something for Dad for Christmas. Unfortunately, the Man Department at Sears wasn't particularly inspiring. Lots of powertools he probably has buried in the garage already, and nothing says "Merry Christmas Dad" like a pint of premium Motoroil.

I guess those days are over.

No comments: